How it works
The scheme costs a one-off payment of £40 (£30 for Musicians’ Union members). This offers you ongoing membership to the scheme. You will receive a hearing assessment and ACS hearing protection worth over £200 in your first year of membership. After two years you will receive a callback for a subsidised hearing test, where appropriate.
Any professional musician working or living in the UK is eligible – no matter your genre or instrument. By professional musician, we mean someone who is over the age of 18 and who has earned their living substantially from music for a significant proportion of their working life.
Students are currently not eligible to join the scheme, unless you can demonstrate that you earn the bulk of your income through music.
1. Fill out an application form
2. Musicians' Hearing Services will be in touch within five working days to register you on the scheme and book an appointment
3. Go to your appointment
- Have your hearing tested
- Have impressions taken for your moulds
4. Allow three weeks for your hearing protection to be made
5. Your hearing protection will be sent to you via Royal Mail tracking service for £4.00, with instructions on how to fit them, unless you tell Musicians' Hearing Services you would rather collect your hearing protection from their London or Manchester offices.